Lorenz Grieder was born in 1951 in Basel. He graduated from the School of Applied Arts Basel. Afterwards he attended the “Graphic” as well as courses in the Academy of Applied Arts in Vienna. Since 2000 he works as a freelance artist in Basel. The themes of his work are very diverse. For example, he focuses on landscapes, cities, detailed views or deals with scenes of everyday life. Above all, his paintings impress with graphic virtuosity. Therefore, his works are rightly endowed by experts with superlatives. Likewise, an ironic note always resonates in his work. For example, as a socially critical quote in a drawing or satirical in his calligraphic works.
Below is an excerpt of solo exhibitions.
- Galerie Lilian Andree, Basel
- Galerie les nomades, Geneva
- Zeitvertrieb Gallery, Vienna
- Kulturpunkt Hardegg, Hardegg
- Die Aussteller, Basel
- Christmas exhibition of Basel artists, Kunsthalle Basel
- Kunsthandel Paul Lüdin, Basel
- Hotel Mont Cervin, Zermatt
- Galerie Un’Art, Vienna
- Galerie Alte Schmiede, Vienna
In addition, Lorenz Grieder has participated in various international group exhibitions.